ABPZ20 KNHC 202355
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Thu Sep 20 2018
For the eastern North Pacific…east of 140 degrees west longitude:
An area of low pressure located about 1100 miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to produce
a broad area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Development.
if any, of this system should be slow to occur due to the proximity
of dry air and only marginally favorable upper-level winds for the
next few days. This disturbance is expected to move slowly
west-northwestward at around 10 mph during the next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…low…20 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form in a couple of days
well to the south of the southern coast of Mexico. Some development
is possible early next week while the system moves nearly parallel
and well offshore of the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours…low…near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days…medium…40 percent.